Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Morning

It is calm before the storm right now. Two grandgirls spent the night and are still asleep. The youngest who is a small hurricane has been sleeping in and so the calm. How does one little girl have so much energy and one grandma have so little? I think the bigger we grow the energy must spread over more area and thus lose some power. How's that for a scientific explanation?

Lately I have been working too much and enjoying life too little. There has been one bright spot, my meditation class. I am learning more of the Buddhist approach and find it fascinating. It is probably too simple to be fascinating and as I progress I will use a different adjective but for now I'm sticking to fascinating. The way I get it the goal is there is no goal. One simply becomes still and allows the thoughts in one's mind to slow down and quiet like the waves on a lake. Sounds easy huh? Try it sometime. My thoughts want to ripple back in and stir up the water but when that happens I can notice the thought is there and without judgement or criticism, it will float away like the clouds above the lake. Or at least that's the plan. Practice is the key and finding time to practice is the challenge. But as I read in Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, practice can happen when I choose and it doesn't have to be a rigid daily thing. Only when I choose.

Well it is time to wake the hurricane, Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i read yer blog already, so there. Your 'scientific explaination' made me chuckle.

sweet rose said...

I like it when you chuckle.