Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Almost quitten time

In 19 minutes it will be time to go home. Lately I have been having all these thoughts, like when I retire will 4:00 p.m. have the same meaning. Will I care when it is 5:00 a.m. or will I sleep through. Will I miss not seeing the same people every day 5 days a week. How silly is that? I will or not. I will deal. But it is my way of greiving the loss of the predictable and familiar.

I had a nice experience today. Drove to a small town about 40 miles NW of here that I used to spend time in. It was odd because a lot of downtown was the same. Same storefronts, different names. There were some new places on the main hwy passing through one side but overall it had not changed a lot in 10 years, except many houses needed paint. It was good to be there again.

It is blowing with a few snowflakes today. Won't be long there will be more. Well there goes 4:00.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Yeah, I suppose. Retirement for u is coming real soon! I like your blog entries. They are always light and spirit lifting. This one is no exception either. I think u will miss those people u worked with, but still, u can contact each other or even have outings together. It would be a wonderful experience, for ur mind, body and soul. :)

Sandy said...

Oh yes! Since retirement is just less than a month away, what do u intend to do? celebrate by going on vacation? I know u will enjiy for sure. :)