Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Countdown.

There are just two more days until I retire. I notice that I am sitting here thinking that I won't be logging into this computer after Friday and I won't be the one deciding which picture will be on the desktop today. Funny how mixed my feelings are about this. I am excited about all the things I can do without supervision and I am missing things that I usually take for granted.

Yesterday everyone in my department said goodbye at our Christmas Party and one person said she envied me. I am happy to retire but I also realize that it means I am old enough and that I will only get older until there is no more. How depressing is that? There is only one thing to do and that is to enjoy today. This morning when the tibetan bell rang I thought, next week I can sleep in.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

No no retiring is definitely not depressing. In fact the best time u will have/spend with your family and friends is when u have retired, cos u will have the time controlled in your palms. U can engage in hobbies, or some light sports, that is beneficial and in the other way vital to your health. How nice is retiring so close to Christmas! I am glad u are still reading my blog too! I am now back, just arrived at the airport 3 hours ago. Everything is still in the luggage. I will organize them and have my photos posted as soon as possible. But maybe this weekend. I will have a purchase a new Sony notebook first.

enjoy your retirement! :D