Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Squash and floors

I'm back. I have spent the last couple of days on my floor. I'm not sick I was refinishing it along with my nephew's help. He did the hard part, sanding, and I did part of the edging and polyurethaning. It is done, hooray!! All I need to do is wax it. It looks great. That means the furniture can move back in tomorrow and I can have the front porch back.

Today was the first visit to the physical therapist. I enjoyed it and have hope that my knee will improve. My knee has bothered me since January. The other knee is having problems too, but not as bad. I have to go two times a week and work out at home in between. Also need to ice it down several times a day. It is good to know what to do.

Many Hats came for supper after her guitar lesson. She only got apple sauce and squash because the pork roast wasn't done. I started the roast before I left to take Many to her lesson but when I got back the oven was off. There was a timer set that shut it off. So dinner was late. She borrowed a Willie Nelson CD, she wanted to hear "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain". She can play it.

My friend in China reports that she is in Singapore and wasn't affected by the quake. I am glad to hear this. I would miss hearing her comments.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Am I the friend from China? *hehe* here my comment comes!

Please take good care of your knee alright, ms Rose. I heard sometimes when the temperature gets lower knees will be painful. Do you have this problem too?
Don't move around too much, if not you will be tired out.

Yep i wasn't affected by the quake but more than 50,000 died. It was scary. Now its so chaotic in Sichuan Province. Everyone is helping to solve this problem asap. We can see how united how chinese nationals are. Farmers travel all the way from their farms to deliver their harvests to feed the victims. we were all moved.

Glad your Many Hates came! I'm happy to know she's there, cos I know she will make u happy! *hehe*

sweet rose said...

Sorry about the quake it is a terrible catastrophe.