Friday, July 18, 2008

Palm Trees

Well I made it to Florida and back. My two grandgirls were a bit tired and one of them a bit testy but we made it nonetheless. My friend was so kind and generous. She let us use her duplex which she usually rents but since it was empty we got it. The duplex had two bedrooms, one with a king bed which worked for the girls. There were 2 baths. It bordered the canal to Indian River and you could dock your boat there. We didn't have a boat but enjoyed some pretty sunsets on the dock. We could walk a block and be at the ocean. The water was perfect and Many Hats was in it most of the time. Cocky chose to remain indoors. She is in 15 yr. old crisis. I am told this will pass. Soon I hope.

My friend has a magazine picture home. You step inside and can see her inground pool through a glass wall. The pool was all tiny tile with a small spill over pool above it. The pool was enclosed in screen so you could leave the patio doors open which made it easy for the german shepherd to run in and out. The dog loved the water and Many Hats had a lot of fun with her. Roxie. Th e other dog Coco wouldn't go near it. Coco is a chihuahua mix and had not desire for water . My friend, let's call her J has two daughters. Sweety and Gonga(or something like that). Gonga just returned from Spain on a 10 day trip. She was jet lagged and funny. Sweety is tiny next to Gonga or probably anyone. She is friendy and helpful and sweet but she gets that from her mom. Dad or Big J is easygoing and pleasant. Cocky liked him because he defended her stand on a few issues. Big J makes quite a picture with Coco the tiny chihuahua.

Well you get the picture. Prices are high in Hutchison Island and most of Florida. Watermelon was 7.99 for seedless. They ain't t that big.

We really enjoy the trip and I really enjoyed seeing Big Guy when I got home. The drive took 2 days both ways which was a bit tiring. Next trip I'm looking into trains.

No comments: