Saturday, December 26, 2009

Living like Charley

Well here we are another day after Christmas. Somehow I always like today. The glitter and gleam have quieted and life can return to as normal as it gets. The year is ending for good or evil and a new one looms ahead. Days will begin to lengthen and the sun will shine more and it will be spring after all the snow falls and the ice freezes.

What we do with each minute of everyday will determine how life will unfold. Will it be dark or bright. We have the choice in how we perceive each moment. If we look for sadness and unrest we will find it as sure as we will find possibilities and hope. My life has had the opportunity lately to be one of anger and unrest, also sadness and self pity. This has been an unusual and peaceful Christmas because I decided it would be blessed instead of cursed. I found joy and peace this Christmas and my loyal friend and I felt close because of the unpleasantness.

I try to pattern my behavior after my German Shepherd, Charley. Charley is always so happy to see me and when I pet him he falls against me and lies on my feet. If I scold him for something he lowers his head and his ears and slinks off. But if I call him he is right there happy to see me again. No resentment or anger just living in the moment and forgetting the past. Life is so much better when I can live it like Charley.

No comments: