Monday, July 02, 2007

Possibilities

Spent a relaxing week off work and now I am back. Well I'm determined to see the possibilities as Kevin Costner does. There must be a possibility in this day. One might be entering this in my blog. It was so nice at the campsite because there were no responsibilities other than getting something to eat now and then and walking to the bathrooms when necessary. The first two days were a little different because the G-girls were there. They require a lot of maintenance but they went home and then it was just me and the big guy. We visited my niece and were greatly impressed by her new home. Very large and quite lovely.

After the heat dissipated it was very nice at the site. Hilda enjoyed taking dips in the nearby pond and running up and down the path. The sky was clear save a few cotton clouds and the water reflected blue. I wanted to stay till the end but big guy wanted to go home a day early so we did.

Back home again in Indiana there were flowers to water, a camper to unpack and animals to make peace with. We left the cat and Bernie(dog) at home. (My oldest son checked them daily.) Bernie was happy to see us but the cat had to make sure the door worked. She would mew to go out then mew to come in, this cycle would repeat as often as you wanted to let her in or out and she was so insistent that it seemed a good idea to comply. This only lasted a day or so. Big guy went back to working on the addition to the house behind us. He is near completion except for the front side of the old roof. He is getting it ready for shingles and has someone who will do that portion once he has it prepped.

What is it about work that makes him more interesting? He has more energy when he does manual labor and he seems more positive. I really think it is not good to sit in front of a computer for too long. It makes you stupid and sluggish. That's my diagnosis and I'm sticking to it.

Today I'm back at work and my co-worker Latin Rupunzel is sniffling and coughing. She picked up a summer cold, poor thing. She is very quiet, once in a while I can pry something out of her. Well the possibility there would be to carry on with the peace and quiet of vacation.

No comments: