Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Busy Hilda

Yesterday was different. In the morning Hilda(white shephard)went out and appeared to be trying to do #2. Nothing happened, her puppies were due the 17 so I wasn't too interested but when she didn't come back in after awhile I went to look for her. She was in her house with a bleating noise. She came when I called and then I saw a small white puppy screaming in the doghouse. I retrieved it and brought it inside with Hilda trying to get it from me. After some changes my husband set up a box in the living room. In the meantime Hilda had 2 puppies on his favorite chair, fortunately it was covered. She later settled into the box. Today, 9 puppies later she is trying to move them to my favorite chair. We have had several discussions, some rather loud, about this but she keeps trying. They are all strong and healthy and vocal. Some even have a very little bark.

More updates to follow and some pictures.

No comments: