Monday, August 10, 2009

August

This is my crazy month and I have been enjoying it. When it first started I was a bit apprehensive but since then I have come to welcome it. I get more done and am more creative in this month. August is like a precurser of what is coming. The spiders rally to build more webs. The wind is active in bringing in change. It is cloaked in a soft moisture that is so seductive. Rushing through the leaves it mimics the ocean's waves. Days are warm and lazy. I could sit all day save for my monkey mind that insists I do this or that.

Now that my granddaughters are returning to school I have more time for me, not that they were here that much this year. Now their father is saying I must stay away,(he's going through a spell) I really miss them. But I have my dogs. Charly is such a lover. He wants to nuzzle me and lick my face. Gretchen is more autistic, she allows one pet then prances off. She is so thin, she eats but she runs all the time. And Hilda the dear old thing. She is only 7 and is old according to the dog food bags. She has been exercising more(daily morning runs) and eating less and has dropped much of her puppy fat. I swear she reads my mind. I drive Hilda and Charly or gretchen(they take turns) to the park each weekday morning. It must be fun seeing my little Honda Civic coming at you with Hilda sticking her head out of the passenger window and Charly out the driver's side. People probably wonder who is driving.

No comments: