Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bitter and the Sweet

We lost our oldest dog Woka, she was Bernie's mom, and she always kept his ears clean. We put her down because she was ill and it was the day before we left for vacation.

The trip was good, great guy saw someone he hasn't seen in years and met some wonderful new people. I got to spend more time with Curly and Many Hats and their mom. Cocky stayed home with her dad. Curly introduced me to "iddy biddy birds" which is what she was calling horseflies. I love her logic. Stan and I now have a new name for flies. I had a bad cold the whole time but Stan climbed the dunes and had a lot of fun with our guests.

On the last day we learned that someone Stan cared about had died. He was saddened by the news. We stopped at his son's in another town on our way home. His new daughter is precious.

We got home safe and sound. The next day I rescued Cocky from her experiment in hair color. She was red and she only wanted a highlight. She is still red but has more highlights and looks cool. Today I got to see two good friends, Latin Rapunzel and Alabama Annie. Life is sweet.

No comments: