Thursday, June 29, 2006

What is so rare....

These last days of June are perfect here in the Midwest. The breeze is cool but not too, the sun is bright but not blazing and life is good. Well except that I am staining the house that grew up. There is nothing like covering a house with stain and a roller to make you realize how much it grew. My original plan has been resized. I was planning on an overall stain but am beginning to think there are many areas that still look fine from the last staining. When a house grows in stages there are older and newer sections. I'm thinking the older stages can come first and the newer ones might wait a year or two. The fun part will be the pigbarn or loony bin. The tip top. That great guy Stan is still working while I'm vacationing??? He is getting the heeby jeebies thinking about me hanging out the windows of the pigbarn which is my solution to reaching the top. My butt, being very heavy, I will sit on that while hanging out and I'm sure that I will be sufficiently anchored. I guess he wants to be here in case I fall so he can watch.

Something good happened last night. I remembered a dream. I don't very often. It was about work. We were having an assembly where someone gets up and tells us how much we are doing and how much better we could do it. Before anyone could speak, I noticed two janitors, three actually, but I can't name the last one. O'Dell and Booker are the two I can name. They all looked overworked and sore. I immediately dashed onto the stage ahead of the speaker and asked if they would like to see some Yoga stretches. O'Dell (steady, loyal and ornery) nodded and Booker (serious schemer) just watched. Think the third guy watched also. I did a cobra, pose of the child combination. If you aren't familiar, the cobra consists of raising up on your arms while lying face down so that your back stretches at the waist. The pose of a child begins on all fours, then you push back with your hands; butt rises and face touches the floor, relaxing pose. Anyway my back bend was very deep and the feeling was exquisite. I remember O'Dell joining me and Booker hesitating.

Recently I took a cd from the library by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, she explained the basics for interpreting dreams. I was able to conclude that I was feeling trapped at work with other trappees. I stold the spotlight and showed a way to heal and find freedom in the positions. That's it in the concise form. It gave me a valuable insight. I recommend the cd but don't recall the name. Anyone out there who does know more about dreams I would like to hear from you.

No comments: