Friday, June 02, 2006

Moist morning

Walking to Curves this morning I noticed the rain has stopped. We had a heavy drumming rain from about 2 a.m. until 5:00 +. At least the times I woke up it was raining. It was so relaxing and steady that I didn't wake up for the first two gongs from my tibetan alarm clock, but my back up alarm (great guy Stan) said, "Hey that's the second ding, wake up." Anyway back to walking downtown this morning. All the sidewalks were dark from the water, the bricks were a different color and the plants were drooping from the raindrops. Flowers observing the earth below unable to raise their heads because of water weight. The landscape seemed painted with a new brush. Quiet reigned over what would later become noisy engines, brakes and squeaks. How infrequently we find peace. How luxurious when we do.

1 comment:

mariluna said...

Nice post. You'll have to let me know where a person finds a tibeten gong alarm clock.