Sunday, May 21, 2006

Spirit of a Butterfly

Beautiful Sunday here. My nose is healing nicely. Today I invited people to join us after church for brunch. There were only a few in attendance so it was an easy meal to fix. I wanted to show off the new kitchen and all the good work my great guy had done. Everyone had nice things to say and were impressed with the rest of the house also. The house that grew up has many interesting corners and nooks not to mention decks and views. That was without seeing the view from the loony bin(or pig barn). Later I hope to get my great guy to go with me to visit my sister and her husband. He recently broke his leg after a stay in the hospital for another problem. Since he has no feeling from the third vertebrae down he wasn't aware of his leg breaking at the hip. The orthopedic man who saw him said surgery was not recommended and that he would do better to heal on his own. Since there is no pain it wouldn't be a problem. He has been down for some time because of the original problem. Now he can be up 2 hours a day. He has more patience than I do. For all of you moaners and groaners out there, consider trading places with him. Anyway we are hoping to pick up a cane plant my sisterinlaw left for me. Also I want to see them. The priest today spoke of being invited into Christ's house and made to feel that it was ok to hang out for a while. That we could think of Jesus as our sibling (or brother). That we are loved in spite of what we do. Interesting, I think He would have to kick me out at closing time. Well the day continues.

No comments: