Friday, May 26, 2006

Spirit of a Butterfly

My friend Evonne said I wasn't writing in my blog of late. She has a point. I just haven't been motivated but today I have some interest, so here goes. My sister just emailed that her husband was in the hospital, the guy with the broken leg. Seems he has an infection. They are trying to get it under control. Hope he is ok, he didn't have a broken leg when he went in the last time. He has been there most of the week. There is no word on when he will be released. Sometimes it makes me angry that two such good people have so much to endure (my sister and her husband) but maybe I'll be burning a long time in hell while they are floating around in heaven.

Just talked with my eldest. He said his youngest (two year old Stephanie) was pouring dog food from one dog dish to another then using a little broom to stir it. He said she has given up eating it. That is encouraging. When I was there Saturday he asked her if she wanted to clean her room. She looked up with her earnest blue eyes and said "No thank you, daddy." Got to love em.

Long weekend coming up. Plan to buy more annual flowers for the yard. Need red and yellow peppers for the garden. Basil and other herbs. I use basil around the front porch to keep away mosquitos. With the recent rains the ground should be soft.
Well as I said in the beginning I had some interest but I think it is running out. Have a good Memorial Day.

No comments: