Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Aware of ignorance

Today I decided that I would enjoy this day by being aware and awake in it. Not spend it wishing it was time for vacation or that the rain would stop, but letting things fall out as they will. I realized that I will be 64 on Friday and that there will be fewer years left for me than when I was young. Each day is a treasure and maybe after all these years I am beginning to realize that. As I was leaving for work I noticed that water was seeping under the front porch door and I knew that with the overabundance of precipitation falling the porch would be a lake if I didn't drain the puddle. This involves ramming a long stick through the drain pipe that runs under the flowerbed. Leaves get in there and clog the drain. I have a short term memory when draining this puddle. Everytime I think I can use a broom or rake which I again did only to learn for the 37th time that I need something longer. I live in delusion and think something shorter will surely work though it never does. It hasn't the last 37 times. Then I find a long stick which does work which I did. All the while the rain is puddling off the eaves onto my head and shoulders. When I saw the water begin to get away I realized it was time to be at work. I decided to forego the umbrella since it is always a hassle and I was already soaked. As I was walking into the office from the parking spot that was the farthest away from door, I actually enjoyed the rain coming down, why not I was already wet. So off to the start of a new day and trying to stay awake.

No comments: