Sunday, April 08, 2007

Back home again in Indiana

Well we are here safe and back on Indiana soil. It was a great trip and my grandgirls gave it an 8 and a 9. The 8 was a motel problem actually her problem. I thought all accomodations were great. Very clean. I especially liked the La Quinta balcony with a door accessing outside fresh sea air. Always feel claustrophobic in motel rooms with sealed windows. Tried to post Thursday night but would not enter. We had a great day Thursday, sunny and on the edge of warm. Maddie didn't have a problem, being part mermaid, she got in the pool which I tried and found frigid, then moved on to the ocean where she tried boogie boarding. She had a slight concept glitch and kept bucking into the waves. A little backward but very entertaining. Cocky got some great surf shots which I hope to put here if I get my card back from the big guy. We had a splendid lunch at Miller's Landing or something like that, great barbecue. Also The Spot was superb as always. We had linguine in our room that evening and Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia. I got some Chunky but the girls woofed the cherry. It was nice having a micro and fridge in the room. I much prefer relaxing over supper and how better to relax than stretched out in bed. We had to go to the Rain Forest Restaurant because they kept bringing it up and Cocky managed to go from 15.00 meals to, "let's split a sparkling volcano." So we did. However that requires being the center of attention because two of the staff present this giant brownie with ice cream on top and a sparkler sparking. They scream "Volcano" many times and all the animals make noises, quite a production. It is quite disney like and great for kids.

The ride back was long, 12 hours Friday counting lunch and another 8 on Saturday. We had a couple tense moments trying to find the right turns, I know I have a GPS Garmin and she did her best but I am directionally challenged and despite her efforts I could still drive past turns or turn right instead of left. Cocky was quite exasperated with me and didn't hide it. We finally devised a plan where I told her to tell me what to do and just to treat me like a total idiot. It worked well and we made it home. Now I am going to relax from the trip because I have another week off. Also Curly is coming to spend the night next week.

No comments: